CPR4 Human Movement Detector
The power to sense through walls – in your hand
The CPR4 transmits electromagnetic energy of a certain frequency, which is reflected in all surfaces it hits. The energy also penetrates all kind of materials except an homogenous metal plate. In turn the energy returns back to the radar. The returned frequency is the same as the transmitted for static objects and for moving objects the returned frequency is different, higher or lower, this is the Doppler Effect. The difference in detection gives the alarm. The alarm may be audible and/or visible.
CPR4 is a handheld easy-to-use device for the detection of moving objects behind walls or other obstacles. A person hiding may be detected several meters behind a wall. If there are any moving objects, the operator will be alerted immediately. CPR4 can also be fixed mounted or simply put in a bag to observe an area of interest. Up to 7 units can be remotely controlled and monitored.
The CPR4 is a very fast and simple to use hand held human movement detector and can be operated with just one hand. The Waterproof and robust construction is well designed for government, military, law enforcement and professional TSCM operator use. It utilizes an intuitive operator interface with graphical display which is clear and easy to use, with an adjustable back-light for night time use.
The CPR4 is equipped with AEC (Automatic Environment Compensation) enabling the device to automatically compensates for operator and environment motions. The CPR4 now provides motion classification including place – direction – speed, enabling the operator to receive an estimation of the detected motion visualized by graphical symbols.
See what your CPR4 is seeing – on your PC or Android device
From a regular PC with Windows operating system (XP, Vista or Windows 7) or an Android device and a Bluetooth adapter, you may remotely supervise and control up to four CPR4 units. The Bluetooth adapter may be internal (built-in) or an external USB adapter. An external USB adapter for Bluetooth Class 1 gives the longest range, up to 100 meters. Bluetooth Class 2, which is normally built into computers, gives a useful range of 5 to 20 meters depending on the environment. The CPR4 has Bluetooth Class 1 and a built-in antenna.
Up to four Android smart-phones can upload all information in real-time to a Windows-based command centre (total 16 CPR4 units) with a quick and easy to understand, configurable display including a picture of the location of each device and is ideal for remote control.
- Special Forces, police and law enforcement agencies in situations requiring ascertaining information regarding human movement behind solid structures.
- Search and rescue organizations where human detection is needed in hazardous or dangerous situations.
- Intuitive operator interfaces with graphical display, clear and easy to use, with adjustable backlight for night time use and requires minimal operator training.
- Gives fast tactical information regarding movement, distance, speed and direction behind walls, in a light, military specification unit.
- Typical accurate detection range to a human in a 70-degree sector is 3-5 m behind a 20 cm concrete wall, 10 meters behind an interior wall, 25 meters without any obstacles.
- Detection sensitivity of human movement through walls can be easily increased or decreased as needed. Movements such as “fans” etc. are filtered out and not detected, increasing the accuracy of human detection.
- Operates for 8-16 hours on internal standard AA batteries.
Ergonomic, lightweight and robust case size 9/12x20x3 cm and 600 grams.
- Wireless Remote Management, several units can be monitored and controlled via software management system.
Reporting, history file can be accessed for post-analysis.
- The major advantage to this device in relation to others is its lightweight robust nature and handheld design.
- Little training needed to operate the device and a simple graphical display.
- Future proof, field firmware upgradable as new features become available.
- Low-cost solution relative to competitors.
- Accuracy – A hidden person can be detected several meters behind a wall, only from his breathing. The sensitivity and the sensor detection thresholds may be set directly from the device or in the Bluetooth control software.
- Remote Bluetooth monitoring and control of several remote devices means that multiple operational configurations are possible.
Transmitting frequency: 10.525 GHz (optional alternatives 9.35, 9.90, 10.587, 10.687)
Transmitting power, peak: 10dBm EIRP (10mW)
Transmitting power, average: 1-10mW
Antenna gain: 8 dBi
Pulse repetition frequency: CW (continuous wave)
Approvals: Tested to EN 300 440 RADAR
The RF power levels radiated by the CPR4 are extremely low under all conditions, and many orders of magnitude below the maximum recommended levels. The maximum transmitted power is less than 10 mW. This power is distributed within the coverage pattern and the maximum power density is 1mW/cm2 at a distance of 5 mm from the front face of the unit, reducing to 0.72 μW/cm2 at 1 meter.
- EN 300 328 V1.5.1 (2004 – 08)
- EN 301 489 – 1 V1.4.1 (2002 – 08)
- EN 301 489 – 17 V1.2.1 (2002 – 08)
- FCC15B Class B
- EN55022 Class B
- EN55024 Class
- EN300 019-2-4 v2.2.2 (2003-2004)
- Type: Standard penlight size AA, rechargeable or alkaline
- Capacity: 2700 mAh (min 2500 mAh recommended)
- Number of cells: 4
- Operating time: 8-16 hours depending on the use of display backlight
- External power: Yes, USB mini
- Size: 90/120 mm width, 220 mm height, 40 mm thick
- Weight operational: 600 grams
- Weight: 1600 grams (incl. accessories and box)Material: ABS reinforced
- Oper. temperature: -20 – +50 degrees Celsius
- Water resistance: IP67 (approval pending) 0.15 m depth and 30 minutes
- Dust resistance: IP67 (approval pending)
- Mechanical shock: TBD
- Air Pressure: Operational up to 4000 m height
The case content:
- The CPR4 device
- Extra batteries
- Battery charger
- USB and Car Power Connection cables
- Command Centre Management Windows Software
- Ruggedized CAT Cellular Device for Bluetooth Connection and Monitoring
- Bluetooth Connection Software for Android
- User manual